Village Post Offices
This section examines the various buildings which have served as post offices in this village. These were all in Kingston Bagpuize. Our post Office now is actually in what was Southmoor as it was built just over the boundary line between the once separate villages.
Mrs Farmer tells that in 1919 the Postmen were Mr King and the other was Mr Rogers, they all took it in turn to cycle out to Kingston Bagpuize and Southmoor from Abingdon to a tin hut, which stood where Mr Palmer's garage now stands.
More information on Post Offices is to be found here:
The British Library - An Oral History of the Post Office.
The British Postal Museum & Archive - History through the post.
Bath Postal Museum The history of the British Postbox.
Information on our Village Post Office is to be found here: